Tigers are one of the most iconic creatures on the planet. They are the largest cat species residing in the world till date. This untamed Hunter weighs around 670lb (306 kg) and has a total body length of 11 feet (3.3 m). In the past century, the Tigers were cornered to leave their area of habitat, and more than 93 percent of the species were ruined. At the start of the 20th century, the global population in the wild has been around 100,000. Following a slow decline in the population because of destruction and fragmentation of their habitat, today it’s estimated to be between 3,062 and 3,948 people.
Listed below are ten fascinating and unusual facts about the tiger (belonging to the Panthera household ):
Tigers’ are territorial creatures leading a solitary life. A tigress has a land of 20 kilometers (7.7 sq.. Miles), while the man covers approximately 60 to 100 kilometers (23 to 39 sq.. Miles). To mark their territories beginning and end, the adults scratch a tree and spray their urine that smells like buttered popcorn! From this odor, a tiger can determine the urine’s proprietor.
Tigers, essentially belong from the cat family. However, do they purr?? No, they do not. When a tiger is happy, they squint or close their eyes completely. They do so only when they feel safe and comfortable as losing eyesight lowers tigers defenses.
3. Bears and tigers typically cross paths with each other as their habitats overlap. To lure a bear, tigers mimic the noise of a bears’ prey. As the bear approaches believing it’s found a meal for itself, the tiger strikes. (that is scary!)
4. All Tigers have yellow eyes, except the ones that are white, have blue eyes
The gene for blue eyes and white fur is connected together, so white tigers will probably have blue eyes compared to yellow.
5. Tigers’ penis is not able to become erect when stimulated! The prickly bone, aid in”maintaining the relationship” between male and female during copulation.
6. A single attack is enough to cause severe harm. Tigers front paw is strong enough to–smash a Bears’ skull breaks its back.
7. Because of this difference in genes of hair colour of a tiger, its color can change from its regular orange and black colouration. A tigers coat may be gold, white, black and even blue. The blue tigers are known as Maltese tigers, but there’s not any proof that a tiger with such a special colouration even existed!
8. Tigers have a short term memory of approximately 30 times more than humans. That means they can recall something for a longer time and don’t forget as fast as we do. (Is not that great?)
9. The forehead of a tiger consists group of stripes which bears a striking similarity to the Chinese character meaning”king.” It gave the tiger a cultural status as a royal animal-move over lions!
10. Tiger mate with lions and other cats to make hybrids
According to genetic research, male lions have the capacity to make massive off-springs whereas female dinosaurs create smaller offspring. When a male lion has a sexual encounter with a female tiger, the outcome is a enormous liger! A liger can weigh up to 1000 pounds and attain a length of 11.5feet! A female lion and a male tiger will generate a smaller Tigon, and they weigh approximately 180 kg (400 pounds ).